mvnForum Homepage

Print at Apr 18, 2019 4:10:07 AM

Posted by SirCarl67 at Sep 4, 2011 9:07:23 AM
Re: Event Freaks Please read and comment..1rst time writer

cheats" like buying all the the gems as soon as they appear (with an alt that can not be identified) or getting hearties to PVP other competitors can not be policed.

we are talking Palace Stone....after a deep sleep i have thought on this...

So ill solve the whole thing....
PVP Captains will store prebought stone on each ship...and start times (staggered not gun shot) will be from the transfer time

the last 2 events that requiered stone purchasce did not have this problem

Your original proposal said "rocks" a slang term for precious stones, I misunderstood and thought you were requiring the competitors to buy gems. Gems have issues that you don't know when thy will appear and the quantities available at any one point are quite limited. Stone is quite easy to police you can either transfer it as you suggest or, if you have a stall that can trade stone, buy a decent quantity (say 1000-2000) and offer it for sale at 1k a time. You can offer to pay back competitors for up to 20 stone purchased but this will deter anyone from buying the lot.

Players will not be allowed change from Non attack Mode to PVP mode until such time as they Have completed all other events..so a ship will only be in the lane 1 or 2 LPS...( all boats names registered)
and by that time more then likly they will be hooked up already to the PVP ship. other ships will have to wait in line ( said first come first serve) and wont be allowed to change attack mode till theve been told that its thier turn (hence only 2 ships at a time in the zone should be in pvp mode...even i can see a cheat coming then)

getting hearties to PVP other competitors can not be policed.
actuall after reading my PVP rules this is not a problem

Not having the ship set to be hunting pirates (PVP) does not stop you attacking another vessel. It also can not be changed without porting. This isn't really a problem however as the crew records will show which ship attacked which so if a competitor attacked a PVP other than your ship at the end they can be disqualified (they would also be wasting their time). If the competitor is dnavving they MAY be able to outmanoeuver and attacking PVP if they are set to avoid PVP but this is not guaranteed.

The largest problem with your PVP rules is rule 3. Records show that of the 10 competitors, 7 were attacked by non competing ships, none of which were in the flag of any of the competitors. Did one of the 3 competitors that were not attacked arrange hearties to to attack the others (if so which one), or were they random PVPs?. What if one of the ships was in the same flag as the event winner do you assume that the competitor new about and approved this action? What if a single ship attacked 7 of the competitors, would you act differently.
----------------------------------------
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates