mvnForum Homepage

Print at Apr 20, 2019 7:48:40 AM

Posted by SirCarl67 at Sep 3, 2011 9:58:33 AM
Re: Event Freaks Please read and comment..1rst time writer
It sounds like a great idea but as said it will be a lot of work for the organisers and is rather complicated. I would recommend do something much simpler to start with such as a straight forward race from one island to another (with a few stops) or (if you want to encourage pillaging something like a race to have the fastest pillage with 5 wins.

Make sure that you are able to verify what the competitors did. For example I know that looking at vessel records you can not distinguish between a TH expedition and a pillage battle. Can you tell an Imperial outpost from a pillage battle etc. Get one or two mates to do the event first to make sure everything will run smoothly, that you can verify what they did from the vessel records.

Events with large prizes will attract cheaters so as an event organiser you need to make sure your rules are completely watertight. While you are not offering a familiar or similar it is still worth doing as much as you can. For example someone could easily fight a BK an hour before the event and then show you the trinket. To run the event you might need to have each captain send you a tell when they are in each part of the challenge and you can /vwho their vessel name to verify that is where they are. This might be manageable with 10 ships especially if there are 2 or 3 of you. Other "cheats" like buying all the the gems as soon as they appear (with an alt that can not be identified) or getting hearties to PVP other competitors can not be policed.

As Aethera said your texts needs to be tidied up a bit, make sure the terms you use for items are the same as what is used in game. For example, when you refer to a pet rock do you mean a gem? I assume that the "rock balls" that you are allowed in the hold at the start are cannon balls. Get someone else to read it before you submit it to Apollo (if requesting OM support) or posting on the forum.
----------------------------------------
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates