mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 26, 2020 3:45:12 PM

Posted by CillisC123 at Mar 15, 2011 4:36:25 PM
Re: Octoscarf Knit*-Along Entry Thread
Topsail of Viridian's Inktoscarf

The fact that octopuses (octopi? octopods?) shoot out ink has always fascination me so...

Thus, (drum roll...) the fabulous inky scarf!!!

At least, I think it looks like ink. When I starting thinking about the possibility of it looking like the tentacles of a ringer's octopus, I asked my grandma-and-sponser what it looked like, and she said seaweed. So, if when you vote for me you can tell me what it looks like.

Here's the inkto-pics. :)

(Does it matter that my action shots don't have a sign that says my name etc. on it? O_O)

Pictures:

Casting on:

Halfway done:

Details:

Finished!:

Action shot:

:D

Pattern: Ruffles by Amanda Blair Brown

Stich Guide:

Wrap and Turn (w&t): Slip next stitch to right needle as if to purl, bring yarn between needles (not over, between), return slipped stitch to left needle, bring yarn back between the needles, turn work-- one stitch wrapped.

Kint wrap and wrapped stitch together (kwtog): Insert tip of right needle under the wrap as if to knit, then into the wrapped stitch, and knit both loops together (the wrap and the stitch).

Scarf:
Cast on 22 stitches. Work setup row as follows: Slip one as if to knit (kwise) with yarn in back (wyib), knit 10, purl 11. Change to pattern and work as follows:

Row 1: Sl 1 kwise wyib, k8, w&t, purl to end.
Row 2: Sl 1 kwise wyib, k6, w&t, purl to end.
Row 2: Sl 1 kwise wyib, k4, w&t, purl to end.
Row 3: Sl 1 kwise wyib, k4, (kwtog, k1) 3 times, purl to end.
Repeat rows 1-4 until piece measures 86" (218.5 cm) along the unruffled centerline, or desired length. BO all stitches.

Weave in loose ends, block tightly.

Needles: Size 6 (4 mm)
Yarn: They say use Classic Elite Premeire, 4 skeins (108 yd) I used something about the same weight from Knitpicks.

Gauge: 20 sts and 34 rows = 4" (10 cm)

Prize preference:

Blue octopus :)
The Herd
Tools of the Trade

Thanks, Tilinka! :)

P.S. It also says you can make each side of the ruffle a different color for a neat idea. Maybe for a future familiar knit*-along?

*You could crochet too, but not this pattern. :)
----------------------------------------
Topsail
Viridian

Shazingle!

Avvie By Me!!!

If you miss Floody, say Arr!

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates