mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 12, 2019 9:28:03 AM

Posted by TheRack at Aug 28, 2010 8:21:59 PM
Re: A guide to vintage whine
I came in search of recommended finely refined whine, but today I was presented with a free sample by a somewhat newer peddler marketing his wares.

I felt that vintner of Whine of the Whines failed to appreciate what it is that makes a classic vintage whine. With such a pretentious label, I was initially unsure if to expect a blend worthy of such a label, or if it was a marketing ploy by a peddler of a cheap blend. The initial aroma suggested that it would be an explosion of flavor, but one could only feel disappointed as it passed the palate. While it did indeed have a complex mixture of flavors, it was poorly blended and overall felt out of place.

I personally felt the merchant would be well served to study the colorful history of whine reviewing to appreciate what it is that readers of the guide are seeking. While one would suggest that a detailed study of its history would be beneficial, a study of the original 2006 edition would be well served.
----------------------------------------
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates