mvnForum Homepage

Print at Feb 22, 2020 6:03:31 PM

Posted by treepirate88 at Jan 28, 2010 5:45:50 PM
Re: Blockades of Attrition: Yes or No?

But the fact that you have a game with war seems semi-ironic when the spirit of the game has been said to have fun. A game is for fun, most of the time, while a war is serious. It's pretty hard to have a war be fun.

Uh...Risk? Civ? Warcraft/Starcraft? AoE? Heck...Chess? There are plenty of war games that are fun.

Risk, Civilization, Warcraft/Starcraft, Age of Empires, Chess are all short term games in which most resources are already provided or easily obtained. Puzzle Pirates has resources that are not necessarily easy to obtain; hence why it is a bit more serious. More time is put in and more effort is put into Puzzle Pirates to achieve essentially the same effect you're going to get from Risk or any of those other games.

And yes, you are right in the fact that recovering from a "war", I put it in quotes because I don't directly mean war but use it as a term to loosely include everything having to do with island seeking, isn't maybe necessarily as easy as it should be.
----------------------------------------
Expendable - Malachite
Lock it up.
Apollo says, "Expendable, I will now spank you with extreme prejudice"

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates