mvnForum Homepage

Print at Feb 22, 2020 6:13:41 PM

Posted by Culiford at Jan 28, 2010 5:42:10 PM
Re: Blockades of Attrition: Yes or No?

Yeah? How does that work? The only way you can do that outnumbered is if your opponent is trying to control more of the board than he needs or if the navigators do not know how to fight.

Okay, so "ships" is not what would get run out. I think Bronzebeard should've said "til the other side runs out of jobber pay." That, too me, seems to be the more limiting factor. You can always borrow ships for non-sinking blockades (especially if you're a defender and can guarantee a nonsinker). It's much more difficult to borrow millions of PoE to pay jobbers, however.

Seeing efforts smashed by players with an advantage they don't deserve isn't fun. No, the problem is that most players aren't idiots.

New flags can get into the blockade game, it just takes some work to get supplies/fleet/pay. It might take a bit of effort, but it's certainly not impossible. (Note: it is significantly harder on dub oceans because of the paywars that are possible, but my experience blockading is on Midnight.) I believe that there are many flags on Midnight that could easily get into the blockade game if they put their minds to it. There's just the obstacle of people not realizing that the island isn't as important as having fun on the blockade board, and the obstacle of having to pay careful attention to the alliance web when choosing targets.
----------------------------------------
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates