mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 20, 2020 7:41:24 AM

Posted by Tee_Beard at Oct 30, 2004 7:44:06 PM
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr
1Famine wrote: 
I'm not saying anything that has been done to or said about Robertdonald has particularly hurt him as a person, however I am saying that within the context of his interactions with a large number of specific people and the level to which he can honestly expect them to interact with him, it's obviously more expedient to just give people the finger.

Well...

So one must always take the course of action that is more expedient?

And does that not imply that a person who commits evil is thus compelled to commit more evil, simply because it is more expedient for him to do so?

Does that not follow that evil is a slippery slope? And good, an ascending pinnacle?

In otherwords, if you only want to interact with someone in a single way, don't consider their responses as uncertain merely because they are in the future.

Perhaps if he had no choice in his actions.

Can he choose what he does next? Certainly, it would be far easier for him to continue the way he has.

But is the easier course, and perhaps the expedient course (though one could argue that to continue an evil act is not as expedient as, say, stopping) truly the one that benefits you in the future?
----------------------------------------
Thesis
ItÂ’s kind of funny/sad how I still can find the thing that made me part of Y!PP canon.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates