mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 18, 2019 7:00:00 PM

Posted by Yassenn at Aug 5, 2009 12:54:58 PM
Re: Monthly Familiar Puzzle Competitions

MAYBE just MAYBE another gunning comp would be excellent? and maybe for a colored octo? i mean idk just been waiting for one FOREVER lol

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was readily accepted that the gunning scoring was not reflective of actual skill, if you've got the inclination to how it is scored in the first place. Consequently, I feel it would be irresponsible of them to create a gunning competition until there is a more fair representation of gunning skill. I mean, how lame would it be for you to join a gunning competition only to get outdone my some shmuck alt on a navy vessel manipulating the scoring system. Whilst I do understand your frustration with the fact that since the inception of this there has not been a gunning competition, I feel that its been responsible of the OM's to not schedule one until it is fixed. Similarly, with SW, they CHANGED it from SW to foraging or something Blacksmithing the first month this ran because they became aware that Shipwrightery was a broken scoring system. Just cool your jets, add a little less sarcasm, and be happy that they're doing this sort of thing at all.

~Abyzaran

Most of these puzzle comps arn't just about the skill level of the players. For example shipwrightery is all about who can get the luckiest spawn. All the GM-ult shipwrighters have about the same chance of winning.

I would have no issue with no gunning competition if I knew it was being worked on.In the end the fact of the matter As far as we have been told no resources are being focused there instead Dev's are coding artistic releases. So I believe gunners have the right to complain until we get a statement from Three Rings as to why that isn't a major focus.

I very much so agree.
----------------------------------------
Is it the weekend yet?
Yassenn of Hunter/Sage
Gunning Video

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates