mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 23, 2019 10:13:55 PM

Posted by joythompson at Jul 7, 2009 8:28:33 AM
Re: Family Ocean Beta Feedback
Can i make a comment please as i have some grandchildren who are eager to play this online game however with the filter set up as it is , i am myself finding it hard to say even simple things ( and nothing is ever rude or could be misconstrued either) but i have one child with dyselxia who doesn't spell at all well although he is proving quite a good puzzler but suffers from not being able to type much at all as every word has to be completley correct on this ocean, and with no shortened words as well.
I feel the filter should surely be able to grab rude vulgar or swear words without making the necessity for accuracy in everyday language, so dominant.
Can't it be set in the options like on the standard oceans so a parent could control the sort of language their child is able to type or read.
Is it too hard to do? as the majority of children that this ocean is aimed at can't spell very well.
I can't see parents playing at the same time if they have to stand over the computer helping with spelling, not easy on a voyage together to be hopping around a room or up and downstairs so they can chat to each other in game, I KNOW !! i did this at the weekend it proved quite a task when 2 children were on the ocean at the same time as me, we decided to shout out to each other between rooms in the end, and i had to stop and type things to others players on their behalf spoiling the game for me i must say, but when crewmates are asking things it made it extremley hard for the disadvantaged child as people thought he was just being rude and not replying.

Can you at three rings consider the children please ? especially younger ones learning to read and write and those with reading and writing problems , you have made chat between crew and friends and family on the crimson ocean very difficult as the filters are set at the moment.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates