mvnForum Homepage

Print at May 31, 2020 11:12:26 AM

Posted by basso at May 10, 2009 4:15:37 PM
Re: Conference of the Monarch (Thoughts)

The point is, there are lots of players that find YPP, puzzle a bit, maybe even start their own crew and never make it much past solid and often not past solid/respected. They then leave the game before they are much noticed by anyone. These are people OOO needs to care about and cater too also, in particular, how can we keep them from leaving the game?

Excellent point. Furthermore, many players are familiar with the concept of "leveling up". When I first started, I was pumped when my bilge went up to "neophyte". I had no clue what it meant of course, but it still felt like I did something. My point is that having 50% of players at the bottom makes no sense in terms of retaining new players. Why not have the first few standings be rather easy to obtain? Yes it would be trivial progress, but newer players would feel a sense that progressing is possible. It would also be helpful to see who is trying, and who is truly hopeless at a puzzle. I mean currently a high able can actually perform pretty well, but they are lumped in with the lazers and boochers.

Basically I am saying the bottom few standings could mirror the top few in terms of percentages. 1% could be able, which everyone starts at. Then a 4% group, then the next 5%, etc. Distinguished would still mean breaking into the top 50%, so nothing would change except that the range of able would be broken up and given different words.
----------------------------------------
Montage of Sage
Mads wrote: 
OK, now I'm convinced. The problem here is that you cannot understand plain English.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates