mvnForum Homepage

Print at May 31, 2020 10:48:41 AM

Posted by Gillie017 at May 9, 2009 10:50:47 PM
Re: Conference of the Monarch (Thoughts)

Sorry slight derail/question here. Able is half of all total pirates, or all pirates currently active in a puzzle? I mean, I have a raw score and standing for sails, even if I am currently dormant in sails. So if I am ranked respected yet I am dormant, am I taking up a spot or not?

It depends what you are measuring.

The percentages that Lizthegrey did (and are quoted somewhere above with 50% ables) were based on all pirates who were non-dormant for that puzzle. So your dormant respected pirate would not take up a spot. Lists such as this include everyone who has played that puzzle in the past 10 days - this includes recent greenies who log on, do the basic tutorials and never come back.

The "average" pirate is better measured by taking a random cross-section of pirates online. The correct sampling for which has been discussed ad nauseam above.
----------------------------------------
If a bird looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a Huntard .

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates