mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 25, 2020 4:08:05 PM

Posted by Sagacious at May 3, 2009 6:44:31 PM
Re: Riddle me this.
This whole thread makes me sad. The OMs don't do things like this to be meanie heads. They do it because they like to be spontaneous and fun. Just because you can't face sucking at a puzzle - even for a familiar - is just tough. Blind luck is involved in numerous familiar tourneys - I don't see people tarting about that. The fact it was the first familiar tourney for rigging - is completely irrelevant.

And turtles are cool - give them some love!
Oceanus wrote: 
If familiars were awarded more regularly for duty/crafting puzzle competitions, would this event have felt like such a slap in the face? (I'm aware there are other factors. I'm just trying to get a feel for how big this aspect is.)
People don't like spontaneity - especially when familiars are involved - because the most elite players can't ensure they'll be all warmed up ready to pwn n00bs, in preparation for another flawless victory. I formally request more familiar tournaments and competitions with no warning and settings which aggravate those who don't understand the concept of defeat.

Sometimes, people deserve a slap in the face.
----------------------------------------
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates