mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 16, 2019 7:13:45 PM

Posted by BlackBeth at May 3, 2009 8:48:30 AM
Re: Conference of the Monarch (Thoughts)
I had the good fortune to attend one of the Midnight conferences. To me it seemed most useful as a filtering mechanism: out of the thousands of suggestions and complaints in GD, given just an hour to talk about things, which issues will people bring up because they find them most important? Little was said that wasn't on the forums somewhere already, but getting immediate OM feedback about our concerns was nice.

I do think the system is problematic in the sense of deciding who to invite. I was at the 2nd conference in the awkward position of a 'representative of a high fame but very low population crew'. While I did invite others I knew who did not have a direct representative attending to let me know what issues they would like to see brought up, I really didn't feel like I was representing much beyond my own POV.

I actually preferred the setup of Hypnos's office hours, which were free for anyone to attend if they were interested.

(and ugh, I posted in Parley, didn't I?)
----------------------------------------
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates