mvnForum Homepage

Print at Apr 1, 2020 5:29:33 AM

Posted by emshort at Sep 1, 2003 7:14:26 AM
Re: Ship upgrades and puzzle variations
MojoChiba wrote: 
I just wanted to pipe in with the thought that pattern complexity in and of itself would help eliminate the extended boredom issue. What I mean is, when players are of a lower rank in a puzzle, make the target patterns more simple, and as they increase in rank, increase the complexity of the patterns.

As far as I can tell, the game already does some of this -- at least, I'm pretty sure that as my experience in carpentry has gone up, I've been given larger holes to fill. Similarly I have the (subjective) impression that the sailing puzzle gets a bit harder as you go along. Which is great, but I think it would be helped out further by the introduction of some actual new elements... just to liven things up.

(The chief thing that makes me bored when Sailing is when I screw up the board, not so badly that I'm completely booched, but just badly enough that it takes a really really long time to clear out and make any progress again. It's frustrating. But I guess that's my own fault.)

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates