mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 21, 2020 8:36:15 AM

Posted by LongJohnGrey at Jul 16, 2004 8:25:10 AM
Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr
homullus wrote: 
RaytheRigga wrote: 
Sorry, I don't read the boards as often as I should which island is yours again? Perhaps you can use your succesful blockade experience to help out.

Your standing in "Knowing Who You're Talking To" has gown down and is now Able in the entire ocean.

Indeed.

Search on author Muffy, or on text of RifKind (player) or ARR (crew). Heck, search on Nyx or Nyx's Scions (former flag) or Windows and Orphans (current flag.)

Or, search by date of post, all posts, from the earliest posts. Hmm ...

Rif, how early in Alpha did you start up? Are you really one of the first 100 players? No, can't be -- your joined date puts you between the 7th and 8th alpha release.

What I find most interesting about this:

Ray was the one that commented that we'd be joining RD's side, so he seems to know that there is something going on with RD, even if he doesn't know the full details and opinions that people have.

At the same time, he seems to be ignorant of anything that Rifkind and her crew/flags have done in the way of blockades.

Keep in mind that there is both "We've taken this island", "We've helped our allies get this island", "We've kept so-and-so from taking that island", and "We may not have had a stake, but look how close we came to winning that round with just one ship".

Finally, keep this in mind: Muffy plays for fun. Not to win.
If you want to look at "The Winner", that's probably Thanos.

(I probably should post that post about that after all).

LongJohnGrey
who never paid much attention to the "date joined" field before this.
----------------------------------------
Re: Market on Scurvy Reef:
Hypnos wrote: 
I didn't realize it was such a hot forage spot until I dropped it and three pirates showed up on the island in quick succession.
And it wasn't even 9 spaces from the arrow :-).

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates