mvnForum Homepage

Print at May 30, 2020 10:29:19 PM

Posted by bel_pirates at Aug 30, 2007 5:40:15 AM
Re: The Shop Tool

1. Link/unlink option: Will this option be included in the following update? I'm asking this because I'm thinking about buying an apothecary first and I don't have a distillery.

I'm not sure when I'll get around to updating the tool for the new items and such, but that's probably all it will be. No changes to the (Un)Linked feature. You can turn off the linking by just setting new buy prices for all the commods in the pricing section of your shop and it will use those instead of the linked ones.

2. Including Extra stalls: If I want to include a stall of the same kind, but on another island, do I have to keep the same name for the spreadsheet, or do I have to use another name. Since the spreadsheets are linked, I thought I'd have to keep the same name, but won't that give wrong results in the end?

I make a new copy of the sheet once I open the 2nd stall in an industry. My first IM might be on Alpha, and my 1st Apoth on Turtle, but they'd be in the same sheet. When I open my 2nd IM on Turtle, then I'd start a new sheet. You might be able to actually keep two copies of the same stall in the sheet by making a copy of a sheet but I can't vouch for it. Theoretically it will work, but be prepared to see something break. Make a backup first. :)

3. Clearification needed on the profits: Maybe it's because I don't own a stall yet, but here's what I'm wondering about: There's an overview for the Dockside sales. You can change the current stock and the docksell. Great. I asume that I have to accumulate all the Dockside sells I get over the years? Then there's another thing. Where are the sells you make IN the shop (pirates who buy in your shop) and the current stock for that? I hope someone can explain that to me. Because I can see the table Shop Sales, but I don't see a column in there in which I can include how much I've actually sold of the particular product. It's only the prices......

"Profits" is a tricky issue. When I wrote it, I assumed that poe in the system is mostly fixed. Poe comes in from the player and counts toward debt. Poe leaves to the player's pockets and subtracts from debt. The remaining poe is either in the form of Coffers, Raw Materials or Finished Goods waiting to be sold. If you keep up with record keeping, the "Net Worth" section should continue to grow over time if you are doing well. The individual numbers such as amount invested in stock, finished goods and coffers will fluctuate.

The column marked "profit" in the finished goods area reflects real profit on that single item. If you are using the cost/labor_unit feature, rent is included in the cost of making an item and this profit number is a "true" profit as nearly all costs are accounted for. If you aren't using it, the profit is derived from the sell price - cost of commods/labor. By not using this feature, it's possible to have all your items set to make a profit but you're actually losing Net Worth because of the lost of poe from rent.

It's all pretty complicated, but hopefully this helps you out some.

Oh, BTW, if anyone would like Dutch Translation, I can work on that, if ya want.

If you'd like to make translations, it's easy to add to an upcoming version (whenever that is). Just fill in a new column on the translations tab and mark it Dutch at the top and send me the file via email (jasonthedce AT gmail DOT com).

I'm having a problem using the tool on Open Office, i am getting an Error: 502 on the taxes columns and everything involving those columns (use them in a formula)

Unfortunately, the tool no longer translates into OpenOffice easily. You'd be better off working with Faulkston/TMBTC's shop management tool which is written in OpenOffice. It can be found here.
----------------------------------------
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates