mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 22, 2019 11:33:03 AM

Posted by PogoBeta at Jun 15, 2007 2:46:07 PM
Pogo's avatar shop turns around and closes again.
Opening up again, and it hasn't even been a whole year!
Closing down and finishing the orders I've received so far.

Advance warning: prices have gone up (details below).

Examples:
Avatars are 150x150 unless requested smaller.

Sketch:
(No examples of Sketch avatars when thread was created)
(Sketch avatars are uncolored pencil or pen drawings)

Standard:
(No examples of Standard avatars when thread was created)
(Standard avatars display the pirate in a forward pose with a simple background)

Premium:
(Premium avatars display the pirate in action, with choice of environment and props)

Ultimate:
(Ultimate images are larger than avatar size, and include much more detail. They include oversized portraits, image banners, and other large-format detailed images)

View Larger

View Larger

Slideshow:
(Slideshow avatars display a themed series of images of the pirate over time)

Animated:
(Animated avatars show a short animation (in keeping with avatar filesize requirements) pertaining to the pirate)

Blazing Midnight

Free Avatars:
(These avatars (and ONLY these avatars) are free to use by anyone on the forums)

(This one was meant specifically for Hypnos, but maybe he didn't want it ;_;)

Ordering
I can be contacted by PM or in this thread, or you can find me on Midnight as Pogo.

Please include the following information:

• Classification of avatar desired (Sketch, Standard, Premium, etc)
  • Number many pirates in the image
  • Other specifications as listed below
  • Name and Ocean of the pirate who is paying

Also include the following information as it pertains to the type of avatar (please read carefully, many of the items are the same, but each classification has something different):

Sketch

For each person:
    • Name of pirate
    • Is your pirate male or female?
    • Hair style/color (including facial hair)
    • Skin color
    • Preferred Outfit/Colors (Please be specific if you have something in mind. Portraits and screenshots are fine, as long as they effectively display what you want. )

• Note: Sketch avatars are not colored, but I need to know the color specifics of your pirate so I know how dark to make the hair, skin, clothes, etc.
  • Note: Since these avatars don't get "cleaned up" like others do, it's recommended that one keep in mind what sort/how many additional parts will be added to the picture (extra pirates, pets, props), and try to avoid excess clutter. I can draw it all in there, but it can get messy.

• Standard

For each person:
      • Name of pirate
      • Skin color
      • Preferred Outfit/Colors (Please be specific if you have something in mind. Portraits and screenshots are fine, as long as they effectively display what you want. )

• What color background would you like?
    • Would you like text added to the image (Pirate name, or something short)?

Premium

For each pirate:
      • Name of pirate
      • Skin color
      • Are there any props you would like included (sword, bludgeon, skull, etc)?

• Do you have a theme you would like me to integrate (as in Herford's Pharaoh, for example)
    • Would you prefer I include a favorite puzzle or carousing game?
    • Would you like text added to the image (Pirate names and such)?

Ultimate

• Desired Dimensions (in pixels) of the full image
    • Is this some sort of event-related image? If so, explain.
    • For each pirate:
      • Name of pirate
      • Skin color

• Do you have a theme you would like me to integrate (as in Herford's Pharaoh, for example)

Slideshow

For each pirate:
      • Name of pirate
      • Skin color

• How many Images will the slideshow include (2-6)?
    • Explain in detail what you want to happen on each image.
    • Would you like text added to the image (Pirate names and such)? If there is different text on each image, please specify

Animated

For each pirate:
      • Name of pirate
      • Skin color

• Do you want it in black and white or in color?

When you describe your pirate's appearance, remember to include hats, shoes, pegs, patches, or hooks, if they should be there. If your pirate is barefoot, please mention that so I don't think you just left that out of the description.

Pricing and payment

• I will accept payment on all oceans (including Ice and Opal), however I don't speak any German at all, so if you're a non-English speaker, it won't be easy, but we'll make something work.

• If you want to pay me on a doubloon ocean, I will only take payment in doubloons.
      • Yes, depending on the ocean and the timing, paying in dubs will sometimes be cheaper than paying with PoE. I realize it's not that hard for me to accept PoE on a green ocean and then convert it myself. I'm not stupid, I just want to be consistent. It may not be good business sense, but it works for me (you don't have to contact me to tell me that I'm "losing money").

• I will collect payment on each ocean under the pirate Pogobeta (The exception is Midnight Ocean, where I will take payment as Pogo or Pogobeta.). I don't actively play this pirate, so you won't be able to just catch me online under that name. We will make arrangements to meet for payment when you place your order.

• I have been burned on a few orders before, and so I ask for payment in advance. In the event that I am completely unable to finish your order, I will contact you to refund your money.

• My prices are pretty high. They have taken a substantial jump since my shop was last open, due to the advice of several friends and colleagues. My prices are also intentionally high to keep my order queue short.

• All my prices are experimental. They may rise or fall at my discretion, based on certain results.

• I am able to accept some alternate payment arrangements. Contact me in a PM to make arrangements.

• I have no specific turnaround time. The time in which it takes me to complete your image will be based on several factors:
      • The complexity of the order
      • The length of my order queue
      • What other commitments I have to take care of

Prices are as follows:

Sketch:
    Midnight, Cobalt, Ice:
    25,000 PoE
    +10k per extra pirate

Hunter, Sage, Viridian, Opal:
    25 Doubloons
    +10 Dubs per extra pirate

Standard:
    Midnight, Cobalt, Ice:
    50,000 PoE
    +10k per extra pirate

50 Doubloons

Premium:
    Midnight, Cobalt, Ice:
    100,000 PoE
    +20k per extra pirate

100 Doubloons
    +20 Dubs per extra pirate

Ultimate:
    Midnight, Cobalt, Ice:
    150,000 PoE
    +50k per extra pirate

150 Doubloons
    +50 Dubs per extra pirate

Slideshow:
    Midnight, Cobalt, Ice:
    50,000 PoE Per image (minimum 2)
    +10k per extra pirate per image
    (a 4-image slideshow with 2 pirates would cost 240k)

50 Doubloons

Animated: (prices currently under review, but I can tell you they're going to be at least 200k poe / 200 dubs)
    Midnight, Cobalt, Ice:
    Starting at {under revision} PoE for black and white; {under revision} if in color
    + {more} per extra pirate in B&W; +{even more} per extra pirate in color

Starting at {under revision} doubloons for black and white; {under revision} dubs if in color
    + {more} per extra pirate in B&W; +{even more} per extra pirate in color

I may add to the price of an animated avatar if the request is excessively complicated.

"In All Fairness" Limited Time Reopening Pricing

Since I'm suddenly reopening shop with price adjustments right off the bat, I'm offering a limited number of avatars at the old price.

The first seven (7) orders I receive in the Standard or Premium classification will be priced as follows:

Midnight, Cobalt, Ice:
    25,000 PoE
    +10k per extra pirate

25 Doubloons

This offer is only good once per person, which means one person cannot place 7 orders and get them all at limited price.

EDIT: The "In All Fairness" pricing offer has been used up.

Notes and Disclaimers

The possibility exists that I made mistakes when typing this thread. As such, I have the right to make adjustments to the information posted (including prices) as I see fit. Since the forum does not allow editing of posts as of this writing, please read the thread and understand if information and prices have changed since the initial posting.

I reserve the right to turn down orders to anyone if I choose, and for any reason.

The avatars I create are for use specifically by the person for whom it was created. If you are using one of my avatars, and you're not the person I made it for, you are stealing and will be reported.
    This also means that you are not allowed to copy my work or recolor it and claim it as your own.

If you have questions that I have not answered, you can ask in the thread or in a PM and I will do my best to answer. If you have questions I have already answered, I will tell you to read the thread more carefully. I know my information posts are long-winded, but the necessary information is there.
    ----------------------------------------
    Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
    for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates