mvnForum Homepage

Print at Aug 19, 2019 11:10:50 AM

Posted by lesleywalker at May 14, 2007 10:49:38 PM
Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support

2) I install in a non-default-directory. It seems there are some pathes hardcoded in the helpfiles.

I also have this problem, about half of the files "cannot be found"

Some of the help files haven't been written and edited yet. I haven't had a chance to look at the new release yet, but if Tailspin hasn't changed changed the not-yet-written ones, they probably still contain the hardcoded paths in their framework. So as soon as you go to one of those, you have no have no way to go back, and the only thing you can do is close the help window open it again.

The ones I have edited all use relative paths and should be okay. From memory, these are:
  • Before you start
  • Getting set up
  • The login screen
  • Program options
  • The Pirate Trainer Editor
That list seems too short, but I can' think of any other titles so that's probably all. I'm still on the case, but I've been away for a few days. I'm back now, so I'll be able to get a bit more done soon. Starting with fixing up the framework, and the text from the launch notice. :-)

Also, if any experienced users would like to contribute some content for the not-yet-written pages, I'm sure Tailspin would be very happy to receive it.
----------------------------------------
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates